(Note: This Blog Post is research work in progress)
So, I've seen the huge push for Cannabis (aka Marijuana) in many states, in fact there are currently 18 states that have decriminalized the use of it for recreational purposes in America, it's already legal in many other countries as well, and there are indeed many reasons why I see them quite likely working towards a new agenda to end the use of alcohol, which I'll try to outline in this article as much as I can, but I'll have to continue to do research & post what I find.
Why would "The Powers That Be" (TPTB) replace alcohol with cannabis?
- Cannabis is far less expensive to massively produce.
- Cannabis is significantly more profitable by weight & cost to produce.
- Cannabis doesn't affect motor ability skills as badly as alcohol does.
- Cannabis use is so extensively common that it has created many gov. problems.
- Cannabis is an extremely profitable source of illegal income which can't be taxed.
- Cannabis, if fully legalized, will put a serious dent in the Drug Cartel's tax free business.
- Cannabis is the largest & most profitable dug trade in the world, by miles. (Affordable!)
- Cannabis has been extensively researched by government & big pharma corps.
- Alcohol requires huge warehouses to store and is expensive to transport.
- Alcohol is the cause of many problems and responsible for far too many deaths.
- Alcohol is a physically addictive drug that can kill you (Unlike Cannabis)
- Alcohol cost Insurance Corporations & Governments much money.
- Alcohol is severely dangerous to pregnancy. (Damages Unborn Children)
Major problems from extensive Cannabis usage/distribution while it's illegal:
- High cost to combat the production & distribution of cannabis.
- High cost for housing prisoners convicted of cannabis usage, production, or distribution.
- Increases Crime from illicit cannabis dealers, who also avoid paying taxes.
- Increases black market profitability for those growing & distributing cannabis.
- Major loss of tax revenues from many convicted felons not working.
- Many great job candidates unqualified due to the use of Cannabis.
- People are not properly advised on how it may effect them medically.
Don't laugh, alcohol may be going bye bye!
I could go on and on about all of the benefits of cannabis, not that I'm Pro-Drugs or Pro-Cannabis one iota, but there are extensive reasons why I believe cannabis will be something TPTB will push to legalize & sell everywhere (As long as it's only them selling it), and will likely move to re-enact prohibition once again or at the very least they move to increase the cost of alcohol to unreal levels making it unaffordable for most people via taxation, but of course that's just a conspiracy theory. This should make perfect sense to most people, since many of the "Hippy Era" folks are now in positions of power in America and other nations as well, and as the old saying goes... "If you can't beat em, join em", because we all know the "War on Drugs" has been nothing but a costly failure, and indeed it has cost many billions in tax dollars.
Alcohol Taxes Should Be Tripled (This I believe is the real plan)
The Growing Trend to Tax Alcohol Significantly
Ban on legal highs would technically cover alcohol, cigarettes and coffee (For the UK)
Alcohol or Marijuana? A Pediatrician Faces the Question
The debate over marijuana: Politics and polemics (Great Article)
Legalizing Marijuana: 14 Infographics That Explain the Issues
For those wanting to get insanely wealthy off of Cannabis
Investors finally seeing marijuana's high market potential
How to Start Your Own Marijuana Business
Why Legal Cannabis is 2015 Best Startup Business
Meet the 8 Hottest Public Traded Marijuana Companies
MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES: A GROWING INDUSTRY
Copyright © 2015 Gale Innes
All Rights Reserved Worldwide